Friday, March 14, 2014

Photo Friday: Out of Gas

On the Road to 50, I ran out of gas.

Before I even started my new project, where I planned to take a selfie each day for a year, I knew it was doomed. I hate photographing myself. I don't do "creative" under pressure. I had only a handful of ideas, and most of them involve better weather.

On Day 7 of my Road to 50 project, instead of capturing an image of myself, I went in a different direction: I removed the previous six photos from my Flickr album.

We will never speak of this project again.

Because I much prefer to be on the back-side of my camera, my next photo project will not have a single image of myself.

You're welcome.

I still want to challenge myself, and I want to further overcome my general shyness (stop your snickering: I am shy!), so I'm going to start a project that I've been thinking about for a couple of months. A year of strangers.

Throughout the year, starting on March 31, I'm going to approach total strangers and ask them if I can take a photo of them. Each day, I will post a new face.

For now, here's the last selfie of my ill-fated project.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment