Friday, October 28, 2011

Photo Friday: The Only Sound Is Water Drops

For some reason, I can't look at this photo without Cuckoo Cocoon running through my head. Hence, the title of this post.


To me, this photo gives a 3-D illusion, as though I had captured raindrops falling from the sky. But in truth, they had already landed.

The other day, I was standing outside my office as the rain fell, getting some fresh air while trying to deal with tight deadlines. Because it was raining, I wasn't inclined to venture very far from the building, and so I stood under the covered entrance in the strip mall where I work.

I watched the rain bounce off of the hoods and rooves of the parked cars that were lined up against the facing of the mall, most of them faced towards me. The rain streaked off some hoods, pooled in others, spread like thin, transparent coatings on a few.

One car appeared to have been recently washed, the rain drops beaded like pearls on the hood. And the way that the light caught the water droplets also caught my eyes. So I pulled out my iPhone and snapped the photo.

Believe it or not, the car was black. But because it was so shiny, it reflected the light. And I also did some serious manipulation of the photo I snapped. The first thing I did after taking the photo was to apply a polarizing filter to the image. With that done, I then applied a lo-fi filter to the new image. And what you see here is the result.

Afterwards, I imported this photo into Instagram, where I applied one more filter: Kelvin. If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen it.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment