Friday, March 16, 2012

Photo Friday: Remembering NOTL


My heart broke yesterday.

I pulled out my scanner and some old negatives yesterday, only to find that some of them were in envelopes, stuck together. I slowly and carefully peeled them apart, and found some fond memories.

When Lori and I married, we went to Niagara-on-the-Lake for our honeymoon. We loved the small, Ontario town, in the heart of wine country, immediately. the Shaw Festival, Fort George, and the views of Lake Ontario were fabulous. The digital age has helped me recover some of these negatives, which literally peeled apart layers. Here are the best of those memories, from 1994.

NOTL's main drag

The mouth of the Niagara River

Fort Niagara, on the New York side

One of the Shaw Festival venues

Vineyards

Reif Estates
Fort George


Fire!
Toronto, across from Lake Ontario
At least my memories are in better shape than the negatives.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment