Thursday, September 6, 2012

Intermission


I'm a good guy, but sometimes I do bad things.

The next segment of Gammon is tricky. It requires some tact. And a lot of fictional tweaking.

I was going to continue the story of how I pretended to be my fictional character, Roland Axam, in order to develop the back story to Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary. But after writing about half of it, I needed to do more thinking. I needed to be sensitive to the people involved. Even though, so far and forever, the name of the bar will be secret.

Instead of writing last night, I relaxed and drank a bottle of wine: a Chardonnay by the name of "Cupcake." And then I started tweeting.


We'll never speak of it again.*

I need more time to work on Gammon, Part 5. I'm planning to finish this story in six parts. But today, I pause. I think.

And I continue next week.


* I really, really hope I haven't offended any of my gay friends. I know that me being gay would really be a turnoff for you.

2 comments:

  1. The thing that impressed me the most about this is that you had consumed the bottle by 8:28 PM. NICE WORK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottle was empty by 8:28. Last glass (and it was a full one) took till about 9 to finish.

      I'm slowing down in my old age.

      Delete