Friday, November 23, 2012

Photo Friday: WinterBrewed


Snow hasn't come to Ottawa yet, but it won't be long before we're covered in a frosty blanket, leaving us to shovel driveways and negotiate slippery roads.

But the absence of snow didn't stop me from preparing a photo for the upcoming beer festival in February: WinterBrewed, part of the Winterlude festivities.

The event will run on the Sparks Street Mall over the February 16-17 weekend, and will feature local craft brewers.

Festival organizer, J.P. Fournier, asked me to help him create a photo to advertise the event. He had a beer bottle set up with a special label and a tiny toque and scarf. We also had some infant-sized mittens. All we were missing was snow.

I was surprised at how quickly I came up with a solution: "There should be snow at the Walter Baker Sports Centre," I told him. There was almost always a pile near the back, where the Zamboni dumps it after cleaning the hockey rinks. Though I hadn't been there in a few weeks, I was sure there would be some.

There was.

It's not my best job, but I think it works. What do you think?


Happy Friday, and I hope to see you at WinterBrewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment