For most of the day, yesterday, I tore up my ensuite bathroom, replacing our old vanity of three cupboard doors for a larger one with two cupboard doors that are framed on each end with a set of drawers. His and hers.
I'm not a handyman, but so far I've handled the plumbing with only a few snags: no shutoff valves (now solved), a drain pipe that was at a funny angle and had to be cut off (to be replaced today), and learning that my flex tubes are a couple of inches too short (to be remedied today).
I also needed extra tools that I didn't have, but had family members loan them to me.
And in the reno, Lori decided that she wanted the mirror replaced too.
I just love holiday weekends, don't you?
Actually, I'm recording my progress and may share this educational experience in an upcoming blog post.
In the meantime, while I'm rebuilding my bathroom, why don't you take a few minutes to catch up on this week's posts in The Brown Knowser?
- Scared of Commitmentbut not when it really matters. Just in terms of fitness.
- Monochromemy photography meetup group had another project, and I thought I'd share with you.
- Wordless Wednesday: Capital Photo WalkI joined my wife and some of her co-workers in a downtown photo walk.
- Lovers & Hatersmy two cents' worth on America's same-sex marriage debate. Let there be love, people!
- Photo Friday: Love Your Mamanone of my favourite places in Ottawa.
- Hop Heada look at the most bitter beer I've ever had.
- Beer & Food: A (Mostly) Visual Posta look at a food and beer pairing event, and the announcement of a new brewery that's coming to Ottawa.