Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rewind: March 25-29, 2013

I wrote this post, starting at 12:03 this morning. Forgive me if I'm brief, but I'm exhausted.

For most of the day, yesterday, I tore up my ensuite bathroom, replacing our old vanity of three cupboard doors for a larger one with two cupboard doors that are framed on each end with a set of drawers. His and hers.

I'm not a handyman, but so far I've handled the plumbing with only a few snags: no shutoff valves (now solved), a drain pipe that was at a funny angle and had to be cut off (to be replaced today), and learning that my flex tubes are a couple of inches too short (to be remedied today).

I also needed extra tools that I didn't have, but had family members loan them to me.

And in the reno, Lori decided that she wanted the mirror replaced too.

I just love holiday weekends, don't you?

Actually, I'm recording my progress and may share this educational experience in an upcoming blog post.

In the meantime, while I'm rebuilding my bathroom, why don't you take a few minutes to catch up on this week's posts in The Brown Knowser?
For those of you who follow Beer O'Clock, I wrote a couple of posts:
It's now 12:25, and I'm off to bed. That bathroom's not going to finish itself. Enjoy your weekend, and have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment