Monday, June 24, 2013

Bonne Fête Nationale

No, it's not our national holiday, today. Unless you live in Québec. And you believe Québec is a nation unto itself.

I was born in Québec and I work there, but it's not my national day. That one comes exactly one week from today.

But I will say Happy Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day.


It's a statutory holiday today, so I'm not at work. That's great news; however, none of my family members are off today. They're at work and school, while I have to find a way to amuse myself, alone. (Mind you, they do get Family Day, in February, when I have to work.)

I'm starting the day off with an early-morning bike ride around the city, followed by some housework, and then a much-needed haircut.

That's my morning.

In the afternoon, I'm going to find a place to sit and write, and later in the day I'll do another beer review (there's a post today at Beer O'Clock, in case you were wondering).

For my Québec friends and family who celebrate on this day, amusez-vous!

No comments:

Post a Comment