Friday, July 12, 2013

Photo Friday: Candid

I've started doing something to my photos, lately, and I kind of like the effect.

Previously, when I played with HDR images, I would work with three or more bracketed images, merging them and getting a single, evenly exposed image. But sometimes, no matter how much I played with the settings, I couldn't get the merged images to come out exactly the way I wanted.

A couple of weeks ago, out of curiosity, I wondered what would happen if I used the HDR tool on my editing software with a single image. Would anything happen? The first attempt can be found here.

I liked the effect, so I tried it a few more times.

My latest attempt was the other night. I shot this photo during the summer photo walk that I led on the Canada Day weekend. It's a couple of kids, presumably boyfriend and girlfriend, walking across the Prince of Wales Bridge that spans the Ottawa River and Lemieux Island.



I didn't like the shadows that had been cast across the couple, and my attempts to play with the fill-light settings on my software were not doing it for me. So I ran the single image through the HDR merge feature.

I like it. What do you think?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment