Monday, December 2, 2013

Where In Ottawa: The End?

I'm feeling the end is at hand.

Over the past few months, looking at my stats, I see that the interest in my monthly contest, Where In Ottawa, is waning. Fewer people have visited this post than I used to see, and very few people actually leave a guess. It's as if you only want to leave a guess if you're certain of the location.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but this month's challenge will be a barometer to whether there is still an interest in the contest. If you play the game, leave a guess, no matter how outlandish it may be. And who knows? You might actually be right!

 If I see that there is a significant interest in this post, it will live on. If the stats show me that the interest is at the current level or lower, this will be the last time I run it.

So, are you ready to show you like this contest and want to keep it going? Let's get the rules out of the way first:
  • If you were with me when I took the photo, you cannot play.
  • If you have won Where In Ottawa in the past, you only win bragging rights. No other award will be presented.
  • If you have a guess, you must leave it in the Comments section of this post only. Tweets, Facebook messages, e-mails, texts, or smoke signals will neither be accepted nor will be responded to.
  • You can leave as many guesses as you like.
  • The first person to correctly identify the location of the photo and leave a response in the Comments section will win the challenge and will be awarded bragging rights and a PDF copy of my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary.
  • The winner can claim his or her prize by sending me an e-mail by December 31, 2013. If I am not contacted by that date, the PDF will not be sent.
 Here's the photo:


Think you know Ottawa? Want to keep this contest going?

Prove it!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your guess, Miranda. No, it's not the Miniport (I'm not even sure what that is), but keep guessing.

      Delete
  2. Irving Rivers Surplus Store at York and Byward Market Square?

    Hope you don't can the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, James, it's not Irving Rivers. Thanks for your kind endorsement.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes! Congratulations, Andrea!

      Please contact me at roland_axam@yahoo.ca and I will reply with your award. Thanks for playing.

      Delete