Monday, February 17, 2014

Music Monday: Devil's Got A Gun

When I first heard of the Canadian indie band, Whitehorse, I thought, what a great sound from the far reaches of Canada. A piece of the Great White North.

And then I found out that this husband-and-wife duo are from Hamilton, Ontario.

But that didn't diminish my love of their sound.

The alluring harmonic vocals of  Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland provide the power of their current hit song, Devil's Got A Gun. Carried by the rich guitar of Doucet, this song sticks in my head.

The video that I've posted is taken from their Web site and features a full-band rendition of the song. Typically, this is a two-member band. The video has a raw feel to it and I like the one-camera, single take.

I hope you do, too.





Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment