Friday, February 21, 2014

Photo Friday: Jelly Under Glass

I love Ottawa.

We have some of the greatest museums in the country, in some of the most beautiful buildings in the city.

A few years ago, the Canadian Museum of Nature underwent some major renovations, including the opening of spaces and creating a larger hall in which to display the dinosaur exhibits. Many artifacts that had been warehoused for decades were finally out in the open for all to see.

The museum also added a large glassed enclosure, which was, at first, empty, but soon held a life-sized, inflated whale. The enclosure soon became one of my most-photographed places.

Now, the whale is gone.

In its place hangs a giant jellyfish. Some people have photographed it at night, glowing through the glass enclosure. It looks beautiful.

I saw it for myself, for the first time, this weekend. My family and I hung around the museum until closing time. Before we were ushered out by security, as the sun was beginning to set, I lingered to take a few photos.

It is, of course, my most-photographed place in the city.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment