Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sing Your Life

I love to sing.

I do it all the time: around the house, I'll belt it out while I'm cleaning the kitchen or vacuuming the stairs. I sing in the shower. Sometimes, I even sing while I'm mowing the lawn or shovelling the driveway.

I don't care who hears me. I almost always sing along with my tunes in the car, and if someone sees me while we're stopped in traffic, I'll nod and continue.

I love to sing.

Recently, I've discovered that some of my friends frequent a bar that hosts a karaoke night on Saturdays, and over the past three months I've gone a few times to join them.

Because, I love to sing and I don't care what anybody thinks.

On Saturday, March 8, I'm returning for another round of karaoke, and I want my friends to join me. I created an event on Facebook, but only a few of my friends and I are connected by that social-media outlet. I have a greater reach of my friends through Twitter and through The Brown Knowser.

 So this is an open invitation: if you live in the Ottawa area and have nothing better to do on Saturday, March 8, from about 9pm until whenever, come on down to the Cock and Lion Pub, at 202 Sparks Street, near Bank.

If you're a real keener, you can download the songbooks from Dog & Pony Sound, which hosts the karaoke. I usually have a song or three planned ahead.

But then again, I love to sing, and I don't care who hears me.

No comments:

Post a Comment