Monday, April 28, 2014

Music Monday: Devastating

I have quite a few friends that have thanked me for introducing them to Hawksley Workman.

You're welcome.

I, myself, discovered Hawksley when my wife and I bought a compilation CD box set of Canadian musicians and it included his song, Jealous of Your Cigarette. It's a whimsical song that, now that my daughters are older, I can't play around them.

When Between the Beautifuls and  Los Manlicious came out (both in 2008), I was hooked, and when my wife and I saw him perform in Ottawa a couple of years ago, we became die-hard fans.

Hawkley oozes talent, from his vocals, to his proficiency on the guitar and drums, all you have to do is listen, and you'll understand.

Here's a version of his song, Devastating, which he performed live on CBC Radio's Q.



You're welcome.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment