Friday, November 28, 2014

Photo Friday: Old Foggy Morning

I couldn't sleep.

Some long-forgotten thought lay heavy on my mind, refused to let me push it back into the back of my head and drift to sleep. And so, as the hours approached dawn, I got up, grabbed my camera, got in my car, and drove.

This happened more than 25 years ago.

I think something in my head told me that I needed to drive out past Barrhaven, on Fallowfield Road. Somehow, I knew that there would be fog, that I would find structures that would cast an eery glow in the sunrise. That this lonely road was where I needed to be.


To this day, this old, foggy morning is one of the best sunrise photo opportunities I have ever had. On this morning, I took so many photos that are among my favourite photos of all time. I have displayed photos from that morning here, here, and here.

It was a magical morning.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment