Thursday, December 11, 2014

He's Coming!

No, not Santa Claus. Have you not been paying attention?

It's someone much more important. To me, and to many lovers of the 80s band, Ultravox.

Midge Ure, whose career has spanned more than four decades and who has been involved in many bands, including Irish rockers, Thin Lizzy, and who co-founded Band Aid (he co-wrote "Do They Know It's Christmas" with Sir Bob Geldof), is coming to the Ottawa area for the first time in decades.

And he's coming in time for my birthday. My 50th birthday.

Midge Ure will be performing at the Black Sheep Inn, in Wakefield, on Tuesday, March 3. And I want to pack the house with friends and family—including my social-media buddies. I want to see as many of you as possible. Let's sell out this show.

I'm going to send out reminders between now and March. As soon as tickets go on sale, I will promote them through Twitter, Facebook, and The Brown Knowser.

As far as my birthday goes, all I want is for you to buy a ticket to the show and to be there. That will be more than enough.

For those of you who are not familiar with Midge Ure's music, here is one of his popular songs, "Dear God", from his 1988 album, Answers To Nothing.



Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment