Friday, February 13, 2015

Photo Friday: Shooting Québec City

My camera is on its last legs. And, I suspect, within a few weeks, I will no longer be using it: I will have a new camera body and I will be snapping far more photos than I have in a few months.

I no longer enjoy using my old Nikon D80. I find that I spend more time in post-processing, cleaning up missing pixels or sharpening the image. The last few outings with my camera, I was quite disappointed with the majority of my photos, didn't even bother cleaning them up. I just put them in a rejection folder and didn't look back.

Today, I'm in Québec City, with my family, for a weekend getaway. It's our first time at Carnaval—a winter festival that I think every Canadian should experience at least once in his or her lifetime. Québec is one of the most beautiful cities in Canada, if not North America (it's this continent's oldest city). It's a little piece of Europe, so close to home.

It's also one of the most photogenic cities in North America, so naturally, I'm bringing my camera.

But I have my fears. I have my doubts. I have lost confidence that my camera is not up for the task.

We'll find out. If I have no photos from this trip for next week's Wordless Wednesday, I'm going to hang this camera up for good.

Wish me luck (it is Friday the 13th, after all).

For now, here's a photo of Québec's skyline, that I shot with my trusty Minolta X-700, in the summer of 1990.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment