Monday, May 25, 2015

Music Monday: Here's Where The Story Ends

No, not my story. That one still has a bit more life in it.

I have wracked my brain to remember where I first heard the song, "Here's Where The Story Ends." When my good friend, Brad, shared it with me on a trip to Venice, in 2009, I recognized the song by the UK band, The Sundays. I think I might have first heard them on the radio, in 1991, as Lori and I drove the Welsh countryside, on our first overseas vacation together. We heard a lot of great music as we drove across the northern coastline, through Snowdonia, along the western coastline, and down toward Cardiff, before we headed east, to Tintern Abbey, and back into England.

The countryside was so majestic, so beautiful, and the soft sounds of the acoustic guitar and the faery tones of Harriet Wheeler seem to go hand-in-hand with those memories.

Since my friend shared this song and "My Finest Hour," I have started listening to more from this band, which ran from 1988 to 1997. I haven't found a song that I don't like. I particularly like their rendition of The Rolling Stones classic song, "Wild Horses."

And now, as I listen to their music, I tend to be behind the wheel of my car. And I can't help but think of that little Ford Fiesta that we rented, driving the winding roads through Wales. I'm now sure that's when I first heard this song.

Here's the video for today's music pick: enjoy!



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment