Friday, March 4, 2016

Photo Friday: Winter Sunset on Fallowfield

I can't stop here often: it's too dangerous.

The rush-hour traffic is endless. It can be easy enough to pull over to the wide shoulder, though in winter, it can be a sliding halt. Getting out of the car, I have to keep my wits about me, just in case a driver isn't on the ball.

I have to know exactly what I'm going to do before I leave the safety of my car. I can't linger. Set up my camera, get out of the car, take a couple of shots, and get back in.

Merging back into traffic is the biggest challenge, as the cars move at a steady pace and there are few gaps in between. But I watch, start rolling along the shoulder, and ease in when I'm up to speed.

I can't do it often. Someday, it may not go so smoothly.

But so far, it's been worth it.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment