Thursday, June 23, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Poolside

It was the summer of '89.

Almost every weekend, I partied with my buddy, Andy, at his folks' house on March Road, north of Kanata, just before the turn in the road and the intersection of Dunrobin Road.

There were always people in the house, always guests staying over. I spent more weekends, drinking beer and singing along with Andy's brother-in-law, who strummed his acoustic guitar 'til the wee hours of the morning, than I spent at my own home. I shared a spare bed more weekends with my girlfriend's best friend than I did with my girlfriend, who was planting trees in Northern Ontario and then travelling throughout Europe.

The friend and I slept. That was all.

Behind the house was a large, above-ground pool, with a spacious cedar deck built around it. More beer, soaking in the sun or taking a dip. When the sun was out, that's where you could always find us.

Poolside.

It was a great summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment