Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sea & Sky

I'm lucky to have so many talented friends. Published authors, television personalities, actors, and musicians.

High on the list of these gifted friends is Amanda Cottreau, who is a singer-songwriter with a voice that gives me goosebumps. She often plays at various venues in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, and if you ever get a chance you should go and see her.

A couple of years ago, in anticipation of Christmas, she released a song, aptly named Almost Christmas. With the release of the song, she also put out a video. It contained a series of still images, which reminded me slightly of a slide show. It's a cute song: have a listen when you get a chance.

A few weeks ago, Amanda released another video for her song, Sea & Sky. This video features Amanda, gingerly plucking her guitar strings, and follows the changing seasons. It was shot in Florida and the Ottawa-Gatineau area, and includes local artist, Lydia Pépin, who is a personal friend of the video's director, Luca Fiore.

As Amanda told me, "Years back, I met Luca via Tara Porter...he had had all of his gear stolen, and friends ran a fundraising campaign. One of the packages was a $1000 video package which I immediately funded, after seeing Lucas other projects.

"I spoke to Luca about my vision for the video—not just me playing but a story where an actor would play the character of love's longing embodied through the seasons of relationship."

The video isn't quite new, per se. It was an idea that Amanda had years ago and was a labour of love over that time.

"I have been holding on to the gem for over two years. Timing and intent was very important to me.


"Over three years ago, I had the opportunity to work with Luca Fiore. It took us about 13 months to put together, capturing parts of the story during each season. There were multiple locations used—Florida, Ottawa, and Gatineau. The original song was recorded by Dean Watson at Gallery Recording Studio. I love how he tied everything together, as well using the filter and the film."

The wait was worth it. Here's the video: enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment