Monday, August 14, 2017

Lazy Long Weekend

I wasted so much time over that past three-and-a-half days. And my long weekend started with so much promise.

I took half a day off on Thursday to attend a model photo shoot, just south of the city, in an abandoned house and barn, near the 416. Even though the weather threatened rain and the mosquitoes were relentless, the photo shoot was a success. For those of you who follow me on Instagram or follow my POTD project, you saw some of my images.

If you want to see them, I have to warn you: they're NSFW. I have more photos to edit from that day, and I meant to take some time, but the rest of my weekend didn't go as planned.

On Friday, I had hopes of traveling to Montreal, to take some photos, possibly visit a friend, and seek out some brew pubs. Unfortunately, I awoke with a headache that turned into a migraine, and I ended up spending the day in bed.

With the exception of editing a handful of photos from Thursday's shoot, my day was a writeoff. I barely remembered to shoot my POTD, hastily grabbing one of my kid's souvenirs from Cuba and my Android phone.

Surprisingly, I liked the last-minute photo.

I was still under the weather on Saturday, managing to only complete a few simple chores around the house. I spent most of the day resting up, recovering enough to fulfill a commitment I made to attend a friend's birthday party and photograph it for her. Luckily, I was there when her partner proposed to her. I captured it on video and snapped some stills of the event (making one of those shots my POTD).

At the party, I refrained from drinking any alcohol, and DW and I left the party relatively early.

On Sunday, we lingered around the house and had a leisurely breakfast that took us nearly to noon. DW, DD14, and I then drove to Westboro, where those two shopped while I captured photos for Daily Photo 225. We then shopped for groceries and returned home, where I rested some more.

I finally felt more like myself by dinner, and managed to take photos and notes for this Thursday's Beer O'Clock review. Stay tuned for that one.

Dinner finished, the kitchen cleaned, I was only in the mood to unwind with a bottle of wine. I asked Google to play some Dire Straits, and mellowed in my family-room chair while the music soothed and DD16 played her Nintendo Switch.


Laziest. Weekend. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment