Thursday, September 7, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Playing Hooky

It was a perfect day to cut classes. On a cloudless, late-spring day, when we should have been in classes, preparing for our grade 12 exams, the day was calling to us.

It was June, 1983, and the Space Shuttle Enterprise had just finished a tour of France and England, was making Ottawa its only Canadian stop, and we weren't going to miss it. Earlier that day, we had seen it circle the city, atop a Boeing 747, and we were only a half hour away, by car.


There were six of us: Stuart, Lawrence, Bruce, Rod, Jeff, and myself. I forget who brought the camera, but I have a suspicion that it was Stu. Looking back at the photos, he wasn't in many, so it stands that he was behind the camera for these shots. I do, however, remember the two of us developing the roll in the school's yearbook darkroom.


We recreated a few album covers, though the only one I can identify is the one from Madness, whose one hit, "Our House," was on the album charts.

Man, I was skinny.


Happy Thursday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment