Friday, November 10, 2017

The Return

I don't know if it was laziness or fatigue, if I felt that I wanted to focus on other aspects of my life, if it was that I simply wanted a break from writing and processing photos, or if it was a combination of all of those factors that made me walk away from The Brown Knowser.

On the writing front, I felt uninspired. I had a few ideas for posts, as I almost always do, but was tired of the flat, trite words that tend to make their way from my brain to my fingers that move over the worn keyboard. I'm not sure that I've found the inspiration to write better prose, even as I string these words together.

I don't always think about how I'm going to write before I compose those thoughts. I just let the flood of images, ideas, and random, fleeting opinions that flow without restraint.

I need to stop doing that, but I don't know that this is that time.

I was considering changing the format of The Brown Knowser. I was even going to change the name but I still like it. I enjoy saying the name of my blog to strangers, telling them that the spelling of the last word isn't what it seems to be, and seeing them smile. The name will stay.

I'm thinking of cutting back the number of posts. I don't need to publish a post five days a week if I feel that I want to take a night off or if I don't feel inspired. I don't always have to post a Where In Ottawa each month. I don't always have to post a Wordless Wednesday (though, I've taken so many photos over the past month or so that if I want to share them, that post won't go away any time soon). My Photo Friday needs a total rework or may go away, altogether. I've never had a pure format for those posts, anyway.

I've tried some new beer over the past few weeks, some that I'd like to share. But I think my Beer O'Clock reviews will be reduced to maybe once a month. We'll see.

I still haven't decided what lies ahead for The Brown Knowser, but I do know this: I want to keep it going.

I've lost a lot of followers over the past couple of months, but I'm not posting my thoughts and photos to gain high numbers. If you have followed my blog and have enjoyed it, I thank you. I hope that as I figure out a new path for this blog, I continue to give you something that you can continue to enjoy.

I haven't decided what my next post will be or when I will post it. I'm aiming for Monday or Tuesday, next week.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment