Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dusting Off

A few years ago, I purchased a digital scanner for my old slides and negatives, which I planned to organize on a hard drive as part of my photo archives.

For weeks, I madly pulled apart albums, sliding the E-6 frames and C-41 strips through the scanner, filling the SD card to near capacity. In my eagerness, however, I forgot to take in one important factor: I wasn't doing any organizing.

At the end, I was left with a digital storage device that held random images over several years. Knowing that I would have to someday organize them but was paranoid of losing the work, should something go awry with the SD card, I decided to copy the images, once more, onto a larger data-storage drive.

In the past couple of weeks, as I have started reorganizing all of my digital images, I have once again come across this trove of the past. And, if you'll indulge me, I wish to share some of these old photos as I clean them up and place them in their new home.

I have a folder for images of boats. I have another folder with images of reflections. This digitized, slide photo now resides in both.


Tomorrow, for a Throwback Thursday blog post, I'll have another memory from 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment