Monday, February 26, 2018

Moving the Moon

I would move Heaven and Earth for you.

Or the moon. Whatever. It's cool.

I was standing at the corner of Elgin and Laurier streets, waiting to cross toward City Hall. I love that corner, love that combination of the past and present. A stone church before steel and glass towers.

With twilight upon me, the city lights glowing, it was a beautiful sight to behold.

When I returned home and began processing my photos for the evening, there wasn't much to do with this photo. The exposure was good, there was lots of colour. I only added a bit of contrast and boosted the colour saturation by only 10 percent.

I wanted to crop the photo to a 16x9 size, but the half-moon was high in the frame, well above the Shopify tower. Cropping the photo would cut out that moon.

Unless, of course, I moved it.

I rarely manipulate the position of objects in my photo, but on such a clear night it seemed a shame to block out the moon, so I moved it, lower and more to the right-half of the photo, where the building down Laurier left a lot of open space.

I was tempted to erase the stranger in the bottom-right corner, but that was going a little far...


No comments:

Post a Comment