Monday, April 30, 2018

Time for Another Photo Walk

It's been a few years since I've held a photo walk. The last one was in July, 2015, and was a late-night walk of the Byward Market, including Major's Hill Park and the National Gallery.

Five photogs came out for the four-hour walk, from 10pm until 2am, and we only lost one (actually, he had another engagement and left after almost two hours). We took a lot of great photos and had a great time. The weather was great and we learned a lot of photo tips from one another.

Late-night BKPW: (top) view of the National Gallery from Major's Hill Park; (bottom) photog James Peltzer
captures Maman.

I'd like to do that again.

I'm planning another Brown Knowser Photo Walk (BKPW) for Friday, June 8. Like my last BKPW, I plan to start in the Byward Market. This time, however, we won't start late. I'm proposing that we start about an hour or so before sunset (7:30) and that the walk be limited to about two hours. And this time, we'll cover more ground.

We'll meet in the small square on York Street, at Sussex Drive—it's actually called Memorial Park. That's just between the OTTAWA sign and Sussex. We can shoot photos in this area and then move on. 

Planned stops include the following:
  • Major's Hill Park
  • The Three Watchmen
  • National Gallery of Canada
  • Nepean Point
  • Alexandra Bridge
  • Museum of Civilization
  • Parc Jacques-Cartier (including the marina)
  • Macdonald-Cartier Bridge
  • Dalhousie Street


It's a large circuit, but it's not that far. And, let's face it: if I can do this with my feet, you can, too.

I've created an Eventbrite event: for now, I'm limiting the walk to 12 photogs but I can always increase that number if there is a demand. Although this is a free event, please go to the Eventbrite site to reserve your spot.

I'm hoping for good weather: preferably, clear skies for a stunning sunset. If it's overcast, however, we'll still go. The photo walk will be postponed only in the event of rain or the threat of showers. In this case, we'll postpone the walk for one week, for Friday, June 15.

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment